Soon Ae Chun: Services
- PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY :
- Past President (2018-2019), Digital Government Society .
- President (2016-2017), President Elect (2014-2015), Digital Government Society .
- Board Member, Digital Government Society (2012-2013).
- EDITORIAL ACTIVITIES :
- ACM Digital Government Research and Practice (2018-2021)
- International Journal of Computers in Clinical Practice (IJCCP) , 2017-now.
- International Journal of E-Planning Research, 2014-now.
Journal of Information Processing Systems , 2009 -
Editorial Board Member :
- Governent Information Quarterly , 2017 - .
- Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal, 2014 - . (Scientific Committee)
- International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 2011-current.
- International Journal of E-Planning Research , 2011-2013
- Information Polity: An International Journal of Government and Democracy in the Information Age, 2010 -
- International Journal of Computers in Clinical Practice (IJCCP) , formerly International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine , 2009 - 2/2017 .
- Journal of Information Technology and Architecture , July 2008 -
- International Journal of Electronic Government Research (IJEGR), Jan 2007 -
- International Journal of Applied Intelligence(IJAI) 2006 - 2013 (SCI, impact factor .849)
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research (IJCIR), 2005 - 2011
International Journal of Network Security (IJNS), July 2005- .
Editorial Advisory Board Member
- The Open Information Systems Journal (2010-)
- The New Faces of Organizations in the 21st Century, Vol 1-3, Academic Reference Book, NAISIT(North American Institute of Science and Information Technology), Canada (2010-2011).
- Information Communication Technologies and the Virtual Public Sphere: Impacts of Network Structures on Civil Society (2010), Scott Krummenacher and Bob Cropf (eds.), IGI Global (www.igi-global.com), (to be published in summer 2010)
- Handbook of Research in E-Planning,
Information Science Reference (2009)
Special Issue Editor
- Information Polity, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018.
- Smart Cities, Int. Journal of E-Planning Research, 2017.
- Future Internet, 2014
- International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine, 2012
- Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 2011.
- Government Information Quarterly (GIQ), 2009, 2012.
- ACM Digital Government Research and Practice (2018-2021)
- REVIEW ACTIVITIES
Proposal Reviewer and Panelist :
- Panelist, Fulbright Scholarship, 2018
- Reviewer, Israeli Ministry of Science, Technology and Space, 2017.
- Review Panelist, NSF/CISE/IIS, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Expert evaluator, , French National Research Agency (ANR), 2011
- Panelist, NSF/CCLI, 2010
- Reviewer, NIH, Challenge Grant, 2009
- Reviewer, South Africa's National Research Foundation, 2008
- Reivew Panelist : National Science Foundation (NSF) CISE/CPATH, 2007.
- Proposal Reviewer: The Council of Physical Sciences of the
Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Computer Science Division, 2005
- 2018: GIQ, EJIS, Transportation D,, Journal of Supercomputing (SUPE), IEEE TETC
- 2017: JIS, JCS, Computers and Security (COSE), Info Polity, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, IJEPR, GIQ, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC), Public Performance and Management Review, Information Systems Frontiers
- 2016: Journal of Computer Security, IJEPR, Computers and Security, Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, TKDE, ACM Computing Reviews
- 2015: Journal of Computer Security, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Info Polity, IJEPR, TKDE, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems
Book and Book Chapter Reviewer
- Citizens and E-Government: Evaluating Policy and Management, IGI-Global, 2009
- Advances in Management Information Systems (AMIS): Electronic Government: Information, Technology, and Transformation, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Geographical Information Science, Springer, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Digital Government, IDEA Group, 2005
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design by Stephen Schach, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2003
- Track Co-Chair: E-Business and E-Government, ICIS 2018, San Francisco.
- Conference co-Chair: dg.o2018 , Delft, Netherlands, May 30-Jun 1, 2018.
- Publicity Chair: BigComp2018: IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing, Shanghai, Jan 15-17, 2018.
- Conference Chair: dg.o2017 , NY June7-9, 2017.
- Track Chair: Special Track for AI and CyberSecurity at FLAIRS, 2017, FLAIRS-29, 2016; FLAIRS-28, 2015.
- Track Chair: SAC2017 SWA, The 32th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing - Semantic Web Application; SAC2016 SWA, SAC2015 SWA, Salamanca Spain; SAC2014 SWA 2014, KyoungJu Korea.
- Local Organization Chair: JCDL 2016 Joint Digital Library Conference 2016, June 19-23, Newark NJ.
- ICEGOV 2019
- SITI: 14th IEEE SITIS 2018, November 26-29, 2018, Las Palmas De Gran Canarias, Spain.
- BiDU2018: Workshop on Big Social Data and Urban Computing
- HIS2018 :
- SocialCom2018 : IEEE International Conference on Social Computing and Networking, 2014, 2015, 2016
- ICEDEG: Second International Conference on eDemocracy & eGovernment, 2014-2018.
- EGOV-CeDEM-ePart: 2018 Conference
- AAAI-W3PHI: International Workshop on WWW and Population Health Intelligence, 2017-2018
- AIMSA, The 18th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Methodology, Systems, Applications, 2016, 2018
- ICWE: Int Conf on Web Engineering, ICWE 2017 , 2018
- BigComp2018: IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing, Shanghai, Jan 15-17, 2018.
- ICEGOV :
International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, 2010-2018.
The Twelfth Int. Conf. on Digital Society and eGovernments
March 25-29, 2018, Rome, Italy.
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences,
- ACM SAC:
ACM Symposium on Appliced Computing: Technical Track on The Semantic Web and Applications,
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
International FLAIRS Conference,
- dg.o: Annual International Digital Government Research Conference, 2007-2018
- ICE-B: International Conference on e-Business, 2006-2017, 2018.
- FGCN: International Conference on Future Generation Communication
and Networking, 2007-2014, 2018
DaSH: Symposium on Data Science for Healthcare , Oct 19-20, 2017
- BPMGOV 17 : International Workshop in Business Process Management Application to the e-Government domain, Barcelona, September 10th, 2017
- IFIP EGOV-EPART: 2017
- IFIP SEC: 32nd International Conference on ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection
- ICIW: International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, 2015, 2016, 2017
- LWDM 2017: 7th International Workshop on Linked Web Data Management, EDBT 2017 March 21, 2017: Venice Italy.
- DBSEC: Annual WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, 2013, 2006-2009 2014, 2015. 2016, 2017.
- CyberSciTech: Cyber Science and Technology Congress - Track 1, Aug 8-12, Auckland, NZ. (2016, 2017)
- AMIA, Annual Symposium of the American Medical Informatics Association, 2014-2017.
- DEXA: International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2009-2017.
- IoP 2017: IEEE International Conference on Internet of People, 2016-2017
- HIS2017 :
The 6th International Conference on Health Information Science,
Pushchinko, Russia Oct 7-9, 2017:
- DSAA: Int. Confererence on Data Science and Advanced Analytics, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- ARES: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, 2007-2016
SERVICE COMPUTATION :
The International Conferences on Advanced Service Computing,
2014 , 2015, 2016.
- SEMAPRO: International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing, 2012, 2013, 2014 , 2015, 2016
External Conference Paper Reviewer
Assistant to Editor-in-Chief
- Member, Research Committee, CUNY CSI (2018-2021)
- Chair, Search Committee for Director of Institutional Research (2018)
- Member, Dean Search Committee, School of Health Sciences (2016-2017)
- Mentor, CSI Grants Panel Mentoring Program, CUNY CSI (2015-2017)
- Member, Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC), CUNY CSI (2016 -)
- Member, Curriculum and Exam Committee, Computer Science Doctoral Program, CUNY Graduate Center (2016-2019 3yr)
- Co-Director, Information Systems & Informatics Program, Interdisiciplinary Program, CUNY CSI (2015 - Current)
- Member, Faculty Subcommittee of the Diversity Council, CSI (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Provost Search Committee, CUNY CSI (2014-2015)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Public Administration (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Dean Search Committee, School of Business (2014 - 2015)
- Panel Member, Grants Reviews Panel, CSI (2014 - )
- Member, Provost Scholarship Awards Committee (2014)
- Representative, College Council/Faculty Senate (2013-2016)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Mathmatics (2013-2014)
- Member, Pathways Transfer Majors Committee, City University of New York (2011-2012)
- Member, Search Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Advisory Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011- )
- Member, Review and Planning Committee for Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship, and Performance, CSI (2011-2013)
- Chair, Search Committee, Office of Academic Advisement, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Strategic Direction 1 Committee, College of Staten Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Research Liaison, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010-2012)
- Faculty Advisor, Information Systems Projects, CSI Undergraudate Research Conference, CSI (2010-2011)
- Member, Search Committee, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010)
- Member, College-Wide Academic Outcomes Assessment Committee, College of State Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Mentor, FIRST Program, College of Staten Island (2007,2008,2009)
- Member, Admissions Committee, College of Staten Island (2006-2009)
- Research Supervisor, CSI SEEK Research Assistants Project, College of Staten Island (2006-2007)
- Marshall, The Commencement Exercise of the College of Staten Island, (2006, 2008, 2010, 2011)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Marketing (2013-2014)
- Member, Appointments Committee, Department of Marketing, School of Business (2013 - )
- Faculty Mentor, Honor's project in Information Systems (2010-2011)
- Department Rep, AACSB Annual Accreditation Conference (Sept 26-28 2010)
- Member, Website Working Group, Department of Business (2010-)
- Member, Assessment Committee, Business Department (2010)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2006-2007)
- Area Chair, Information Systems, Department of Business (2006 - 2012)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2005-2006)
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp, 2015, 2014, 2013 , Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Reviewer, Grant-in-Aid Program, The New Jersey Academy of Science, 2012
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp 2008, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2007, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2006, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Mentor, The American Chemical Society's (ACS) 2005 Project SEED Summer Program. (mentored two New Jersey High School students.)