- Attended the AIS SIG Egovernment Workshop at ICIS 2017, Seoul Korea, Dec 10, 2017.
- Oct 13: Prof. Chun attends Security and Privacy Data in NYC , hosted by SUNY Stony Brook National Institute of Security.
- DaSH Symposium on Healthcare -- presented the Public Health Intelligence Platform for Social Health Records.
- The Int Conference on Digital Government Research
was held at CUNY CSI campus, with 245+ researchers and government officials
around the world.Thank you for your participation in many different ways,
paper presenations, panels, workshops, posters and keynotes,
organizing team and volunteers. Visit the
program to see the varieties and depth.
See you Next year in Delft,
- Paper on Sentiment analysis on Presidential Election Tweets is selected as the best paper runnerup at the dg.o 2017 conference.
- Paper on Drug abuse detection was presented
HDMM workshop at the ICDE 2017 conference.
- Congratulations to John O'Donoughue at Dublin City University for his successful Viva on Feb 28, 2017!
I served as an external examiner for his dissertation defense.
- I have been appointed Associate Editor for Int. Journal of Compu
ters in Clinical Practice
This journal was formerly
International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine (IJCMAM).
- Call for Participation:
AI and Cyber Security , FLAIRS-30 conference.
- Co-editing a book entitled
The Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- Feb 3, 2017: As part of
Women in Data Sicence (WiDS) Conference at Stanford,
Data Science in healthcare at Rutgers. I was a panelist on
infrastructure for Healthcare Big Data.
- Sep 2016:
Research assistantship available
- July 6-19: Summer camp for high school students at CUNY CSI.
- June 11: Attend the opening ceremony of the Center for Cyber Scurity Policy, the Grad School of Information Security at Korea University.
- June 11: Attend the Symposium on the Global Cyber Security,
at Korea University. It was hosted by
Center for Cyber Security Policy, Korea University
and organized by
Korea University - Grad School of Info Security,
CUNY - iSecure lab,
and Seoul National University of Science and Technology - Smart Society Research Group
- Jun 8-10 dg.o 2016 conference!
- May 12: Graduate Research Day - our Business Analytics students presents their BDA 762 class projects! Congratulations on your
- Apr 21:
Undergrad Research Conference! Dennis Shpits & Frank Lennon presents their research projects.
- Apr 11: Invited speaker,
6th Int. Conf on Digital Health, Montreal Canada.
- Apr 1: Panelist on Digital Government
(with Mollie Ruskin from US Digital Services, Lauren Anderson from formerly FBI),
NJIT Murray Center Conference:
Women Designing the Future: Digital Realities, Today and Tomorrow.
- Mar 28: Our demo paper on "Discovering and Analyzing Alternative Treatments Hypothesis via Social Health Data" is accpeted to the 16th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2016).
Congratulations to Dennis Shpits and Prof. Cappellari.
- Feb 12: Invited speaker at W3PHI:
WWW and Public Health Intelligence at AAAI 2016.
- Jan 7-8:
Workshop Data Science, Learning, and
>Applications to Biomedical & Health Sciences
- Dec 10:
Big Data Analytics - Student project presentations
- Nov 12: I will be a panelist at the
Guest Speaker and Panel Discussion event on Nov 12 6-8pm:
Topic: "The Business of Healthcare - Perspective on emerging industry Trend, Regulation, Compliance and Delivery Quality".
Featured speaker: Michael J. Dowling, President and Chief Executive Officer, North Shore-LIJ Health System
Location/Time: 6PM-8PM, 1P-Williamson Theatre.
- Nov 9-11: Xiang and I attended BIBM 2015 for presenting our paper on Prediction model for Medical Conditions based on social health data.
- Oct 29: Our journal paper on Social Health Analytics is accepted to JIS.
- Oct 29: The Big Data Analytics has an invited lecturer David Kraiker from the Census Bureau, NY Regional office.
- Oct 27: A guest speaker series presents Professor Kim Norman Andersen on the topic of Maturity Models for Digital Government.
- Oct 14-16: I will attend GHC Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Sep 24-25: I served as a moderator for a panel on "Opportunities and Challenges of Big Data in Healthcare, at DaSH Symposium on Data Science for HealthCare
- Aug 2015: CUNY College of Staten Island will host the 2017
International Annual Conference for Digital Government Research
(dg.o 2017), a flagship research conference of the Digital Government Society.
- July 31, 2015: Congratulations on Xiang Ji's successful defense of his PhD Dissertation!
- July 31, 2015: Congratulations to Xiang Ji for the successful defense of his PhD Dissertation!
- June 29, 2015: iSecure Lab collaborates with Rutgers CIMIC for the 15th Annual Summer Camp. Prof. Chun directs the summer camp focusing on the theme on Data Analytics: Opportunities and Risks. Discussions on privacy and security risks are to be researched and discussed among campers.
- June 26: Congratulations to A. Sverdlov for the successful completion of the Second Exam, advancing toward the proposal stage for his PhD degree.
- May 27-30: Prof. Chun attended dg.o 2015 in Pheonix AZ.
- May 17-19, 2015: Prof. Chun has attended 2015 International Security Education Workshop in Atlanta GA. Her travel is partially sponsored by the workshop organization.
- Apr 30, 2015: Chathura Pigera delivered a poster presentation at Undergraduate Research Conference, the annual event at CUNY College of Staten Island. His topic was to evaluate and enhance the open government transparency level of a NYS Social Welfare Agency.
- Apr 29, 2015: iSecure Guest Speaker: Prof. Jaideep Vaidya, Rutgers University,
presents Privacy in the era of Big Data: Challenges and Solutions.
- Mar 25, 2015: iSecure Guest Speaker: Prof. Wendy Hui Wang, Stevens Inst. of Technology, presents
Integrity verification of outsourced data mining computations
- Mar 5, 2015: iSecure Guest speaker: Dr. Edgar Weippl presents
Empirical and Applied Research in Information Security.
- Jan 29, 2015: Info Systems and Informatics Program has been approved and will be launched in Fall 2015. Interested students, please contact me and see the outline of the curriculum.
- Jan 14, 2015: Presenting iSecure work on
RU Online and Hybrid Learning Conference
- Spring 2015: Offering Big Data Analytics Seminar in the Graduate Center.
- Oct 2014: dgo2015 call for papers available.
- Sep 2014: Elected to a IEEE Senior Member.
- Sep 4, 2014: Keynote Address at Freshmen Convocation, CSI.
- Jul 2014: serve as a Special Track chair for
AI and CyberSecurity at
FLAIRS-28, May May 18 - 20, 2015
- Serve as a co-Track Chair for
ACM SAC 2015 -
emantic Web Applications:
Salamanca, Spain, April 13-17, 2015
- June 2014: Attend & present at the 15th Int Conf on the Digital
Gov Research, on June 18-21, Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- May 29, 2014: Promoted to Full Professorship.
- May 29, 2014: Delivered a Greetings speech on behalf of the csi fa
culty, at the Graduation Ceremony.
- May 29, 2014: Received a Dolphin
- May 2014: Present a Poster on Cybersecurity Ontology at FLAIRS-27
- May 14, 2014: iSecure Guest Speaker Series presents Dr. Bhava
ni Thuraisingham, on CLOUD-CENTRIC ASSURED INFORMATION SHA
Wednesday, May 14, 2014, Time: 11am-12:00pm,
3N-219 Conference Room, School of Business,
- Apr 2014: Invited to deliver Greetings on behalf of the CSI Faculty, the 38
th CSI/CUNY Commencement Ceremony, May 29, 2014.
- Apr 2014: Attended ACM-SAC2014,
Women in Cyber Security Conferences, and
2nd Annual Symposium --
Cybersecurity Education: A Pipeline Approach .
- Mar 2014: Recipient of the 2014 President's Dolphin Award for Outstanding Scholarly Achievement by a Member of the Full-time Faculty.
- Feb 2014: Elected to the President Elect of the
Digital Government Society.
- Feb 2014: Appointed to an Associate Editor of Int. Jornal of E-Planning Research.
- Xiang Ji presented his research work on the Sentiment analysis of
public health tweets and his doctoral consortium poster on Social Analytics for
Public Health Intelligence and Monitoring
at ICHI 2013 in Philadelphia! He is a recipient of Travel Grant
for the ICHI doctoral consortium participants sponsored by NSF. Congratulations.
- Arwa Wali attended and presented her work on Cyber Security Ontology development method at ARES 2013 workshop on Security Ontology.
- My PhD student Grace Zhao got a
GHC Scholarship Award sponsored by ACM-W scholarship
to attend the
2013 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. Congratulations!
- Apr 2013: I am a co-Track Chair for
ACM SAC 2014 -
The Semantic We
b Applications: Gyeongju, Korea,
March 24 - 28, 2014
( The submission deadline is on Sep 13 2013.)
- Aug 2013: I am a special issue editor for
Future Internet Journal on Open Government meets social data.
- July 2013: A faculty position opening for information management/business analytics. I will be at AMCIS in Chicago for the recruitment.