Soon Ae Chun: Curriculum Vitae
- Workflow Management and Service Integration
- Web service Composition and Customization
- Data and Information Security and Privacy
- Electronic Commerce and E-Government
- Knowledge Engineering, Ontology and Semantic Web
- Geospaital and Image database Management
- Multimedia Scientific data and information integration and Customization
- Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing,
- Data and Application Security and Privacy
- Data Analytics and Decision Support
- Database Systems
- Business Process Management
Advisor: Vijay Atluri; Co-advisor: Nabil R. Adam
Dissertation: Decentralized Management of Dynamic and Customized Workflows
MBA, Information Technology, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
MS, Computer Science, State University of New York at Buffalo.
MA, Linguistics, State University of New York at Buffalo.
BA, English Education, Busan National University, Busan, Korea
- Director, Information Systems and Informatics Program, CUNY CSI, 9/2015 - current.
- Professor, Information Systems and Informatics, School of Business, CUNY College of Staten Island, 8/2014 - current
- Director, iSecure Lab, School of Business, CUNY College of Staten Island, 2013- Current.
- Visiting Research Scholar, I-DSLA , Rutgers University, 9/2015-Current.
- Visiting Research Professor, CIMIC, Rutgers University, 9/2013-8/2015.
- Visiting Scholar, Network Security Lab, Computer Science Department at Columbia University, 9/2012-8/2013
- Member of the Doctoral Faculty, Ph.D. Program in Computer Sicence, The CUNY Graduate School and University Center, February 2011-Current.
- Associate Professor, Information Systems, Department of Business, CUNY College of Staten Island, January 2011-8/2014.
- Assistant Professor (with Tenure), Information Systems, Department of Business, City University of New York, College of Staten Island, January 2010 - December 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Information Systems, Department of Business, City University of New York, College of Staten Island, August 2005 - December 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Computing and Decision Science Department, Seton Hall University, 2003-2005.
- Instructor, Management, Marketing and Information Systems and Science Department, Fairleigh Dickenson University, 2002-2003.
- Research Scientist, Meadowlands Environmental Research Institute, CIMIC Rutgers University, 2003 - 2006.
- Research Associate, Center for Information Management, Integration and Connectivity, Rutgers University, 1999-current.
- Graduate Assistant, CIMIC, Rutgers University, 1997-1999.
- 2018-2019, Fullbright Scholarship Award
- 2018, Distinugished Life Fellow, The Institute of Doctors Engineers and Scientists (IDES)
- 2018, Excellence in Innovation and Technology Award, The Institute of Doctors Engineers and Scientists (IDES)
- 2017, Best paper runnerup, 18th Int. Conference on Digital Government Research (dg.o 2017)
- 2016, Nominated for the best paper award, 5th Int. Conference on Data Management Technologies and Applications (DATA 2016).
- 2016, Keynote Speaker, 6th Int. Conference on Digital Health, Montreal, Canada.
- 2016, Panelist, Women in Technology: Digital Government, NJIT.
- 2016, Invited Speaker, Public Health Intelligence Workshop, AAAI-Workshop, Arizona.
- 2014, Elevated to IEEE Senior Member
- 2014, Keynote address, Class 2018 Freshmen Convocation, CUNY/CSI.
- 2014, Speaker, Greetings on behalf of the CSI Faculty, The 38th Commencement Ceremony, College of Staten Island.
- 2014, Recipient of the President's Dolphin Award for Outstanding Scholarly Achievement by a Member of the Full-time Faculty, College of Staten Island..
- 2014, Selected as A Woman of Outstanding Leadership, International Women's Leadership Association.
- 2014, Prsident Elect, the Digital Government Society (1/2014-12/2015).
- 2014, Reassigned Time Award, Provost's Office, College of Staten Island.
- 2013, Recognition for Scholarly Achievements, Salute to Scholars, City University of New York.
- 2013, Best Poster Award, The 14th International Conference of Digital Government Research ( Tide Gate Sensor Network as a Forensic Tool: Establishing Facts during Superstorm Sandy)
- 2013, Nominated for Best Research Paper Award, The 14th International Conference of Digital Government Research (Community Based Emergency Response)
- 2013 Outstanding Paper Award, Emerald Literati Network 2013 Awards for Excellence (Resource Sharing using UICDS Framework for Incident Management Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy (TGPPP), Vol 6(1), 2012: pp41-61.)
- 2012 Best Journal Article Award, Journal of Information Technology and Architecture (Flexible Payment Recommender System, Journal of Information Technology and Architecture, Vol 8 No 4, 2011: pp 299-316.)
- 2012 -2014, Board member, Digital Government Society, Elected.
- 2012 Faculty Inductee to Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management, and Administration
- 2011 Best Demo and Poster Award, the 12th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (Paper: "UICDS-based Information Sharing among Emergency Response Application Systems" )
- 2009 Recognition for Scholarly Achievements, Salute to Scholars, City University of New York
- 2006 Service Recognition for service to the International Journal of Applied Intelligence as a Review Board Member.
- 2005 Service Recognition for Contributions as a local chair for WISE 2005 Conference.
- 2005 Service Award for Contributions to ACM SIGMOD/PODS 2005 Conference, Association for Computing Machinery.
- 2003 Nominated for Dean's Dissertation Award, Graduate School - Newark, Rutgers University.
- 2003 Inducted to International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma (Academic Excellence)
- 2002 Nominated for IBM Scholoars Ph.D. Fellowship, MS/IS Department, Rutgers University, Newark.
- 2001-2002 Dissertation Fellowship, Rutgers University
- 1987 Summer Linguistics Institute Student Fellowship, Stanford University
- 1978-1982 Undergraudate Scholoarship Awards, Pusan National University, S. Korea.
- Subaward Investigator, Collaborative Research: Center for Accelerated Real Time Analytics (CARTA),
NSF CNS 1747728
I/UCRC (PI: V. Atluri, Rutgers University),
International Collaborator, The Role of Public Sector and
Agenda for Intelligent Society,
NRF (National Research Research Foundation of Korea) NRF-2017S1A3A2066084,
SSK Large progam,
(PI: Dong Wook Kim, Seoul National University), 9/1/2017 - 8/31/2021.
- Co-PI, I/UCRC: Center for Hybrid Multicore Productivity Research (CHMPR) - Rutgers Site,
NSF CNS 1624503,
I/UCRC Program (PI: Adam, Rutgers University)
"Collaborative Project: Integrating learning resources for Information Security Research and Education (iSECURE),"
NSF DUE1241687 SFS (Scholars for Security) Program
(Lead PI: V. Oria, NJIT).
- Co-Principal Investigator,
"Research on semantic transitivity model in object knowledge system,"
National Natural Science Foundation of China, No. 71073017, 270,000CNY ($40,000),
1/1/2011-12/31/2013 (PI: Prof. Jiangnan Qiu, Dalian University of Technology, China).
- Principal Investigator, "A Sensor Network-based Real-Time Flood Warning System,"
New Jersey Meadowlands Commission, $35,000, 1/1/2009-6/30/2010.
- Senior Investigator: "SGER: Technology Transfer
of Inter-agency Government Services and Their Transnational
Feasibility Studies," NSF Digital Government Program, EIA-0443591, $99,898, PI Nabil R.
Adam, Rutgers University, 9/01/2004-12/31/2005).
- Co-PI: "Towards a Framework for Automatic Assessment and
Awareness of Privacy Disclosure,"
PSC-CUNY Research Award #69339-00 47, PSC-CUNY Research Foundation $3443.48, 7/1/2016 - 6/30/2017.
Principal Investigator: "Semantic Integration of Health-related Social Media Data and Health Sentiment Mapping," PSC-CUNY Research Award #65232-00 43, PSC-CUNY Research
Foundation $3471.26, 7/2012-6/2013.
Principal Investigator: "Developing a Health 2.0 Medical Knowledge Base and Blog Summarization," PSC-CUNY Research Award #64266-00 42, PSC-CUNY Research Foundation $3471.26, 7/2011-12/2012.
- Principal Investigator, "Situation Role-based Access Control (SRBAC),"
PSC-CUNY (Cycle 41) #63739-00 41 , $2860, 7/2010-6/2011.
- Principal Investigator, "Teaching Web Technology, Web-based Applications and Collaborative Learning for Information Systems Program,"
CELT Teaching and Learning Mini-Grants, $3,999, 1/2007-6/2007
- Principal Investigator, "A Mobile Environmental Tour Guide System,"
PSC-CUNY Research Award #60055-36 37 (Out of Cycle), $3,179, 7/2006-12/2007
- Provost Travel Grant, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CUNY/CSI, $1,000, 10/2015
- 2015 International Security Education Workshop Travel Support Award, The Georgia Tech Information Security Center (GTISC), Intel, and the National Science Foundation (NSF), $500, May 18-19 2015.
- Provost Travel Grant, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CUNY/CSI, $1,000, 10/2015
- Provost Travel Grant, Faculty Center for Professional Development,
CSI/CUNY, $2,409, 5/2012
- William Stewart Travel Grant, CUNY Academy of the Humanities and Sciences, $300, 4/2007
- Research Associate: Information Sharing across States' Incident Management Systems using UICDS,
United States Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), PI: V. Atluri, $498,431, 10/7/2009-10/6/2011.
- Research Associate: DG: Secure Agency Interoperation
for Effective Data Mining
in Border Control and Homeland Security Applications, $1,125,997,
NSF (Digital Government Program), 0305838, PI: Nabil R. Adam, Rutgers University, 9/1/2003-6/30/2009.
- Research Associate: Meadowlands Environmental Research, New Jersey Meadowlands Comission, $350,000, PI Nabil R. Adam, Rutgers University, July 2005-June 2006.
- Research Associate: Meandowlands Environmental Scientific Data Management,
NJMC $200,000, PI Nabil R. Adam, Rutgers University, July 2004- June 2005.
- Research Associate: Municipal Technology Initiative, NJMC $150,000, PI Nabil R. Adam, Rutgers University, July 2004 - June 2005.
- Research Associate: World Wide Web-based Watershed and Water Quality Monitoring Education Website
, USEPA Region 2, $12K, PI Joan Ehrenfeld, Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences: New Jersey Water Resources Research Institute & Rutgers University, 2004-2005.
- Research Associate:
Spatially Integrated Coastal Permitting System (SICOP) (National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Coastal Services Center Broad Area
$87,750, PI Bob Ceberio, New Jersey Meadowlands Commission, 2002-2003)
- Dissertation Research Assistant: Digital Government: E-government: Human-centered Systems for Business Services (NSF Digital Government Program EIA-9983468, $916,949, PI Nabil R. Adam, Rutgers University, 6/01/2000-5/31/2003)
- Senior Member, IEEE (2014 - )
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) (1999 - )
- Member, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE (1999 - 2014)
- Member, SIGMOD (2005 - ), SIGSAC (2004 - ), SIGMIS (2004 - ), SIGHIT (2011 - 2012) SIGBioInformatics (2013),
- Member, Association for Information Systems (AIS) (2003 - )
- Member, Digital Government Society (2007 - )
- Member, IFIP Working Group 11.3 Data and Application Security and Privacy (2013- )
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (2003 - )
- Member, Sigma Beta Delta (2012 - )
- Member, New York Academy of Science (2010 - )
- Member, Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) (2008 - )
- Member, Korean-American Women in Science and Engineering (KWiSE) (2006 - )
- Member, CUNY Academy of the Humanities and Sciences (2007-2008 )
- Member, New Jersey Academy of Science (2008-2009)