Informatics research focuses on the computing and ICT (Information and Communication) Technologies to applied domain specific areas, such as government, health, business, military, disaster management, finance, security and privacy, etc. Informatics differs from computer science, data science or computer engineering because of its strong focus on the human use of computing. Some example research topics are shown below.
- Social, open, big data for Government Transparency, Transformation and Innovations
- Emergency resource discovery and service integration
- Environmental Data management
- Policy Informatics
- Secure government data sharing
- EHR, mHealth
- Medical Informatics
- Bodywear sensors for health monitoring and early warnings
- Social media for healthcare
- Enterprise Systems
- Coroporate Social Responsibility
- E-payment, Mobile Banking, ..
Student Research Projects
- Achieving Transparency of Public Organizations through Data Visualization and Analytics
(Students: Chathura Athauda), 2015 Undergraduate Student Research Conference
- Can Healthcare kickbacks be captured, by Princy Goonewardene, 2015, Term project.