Call for Papers |
Program Committee |
For the past thirty two years, the ACM Symposium on Applied
Computing (ACM SAC) has been a primary gathering forum for applied computer
scientists, computer engineers, software engineers, and application
developers from around the world.
is sponsored by the ACM
Special Interest Group on Applied Computing ( SIGAPP) and will be held in
Brno, Czech Republic on March 30-April 3, 2020.
As one of SAC 2020 tracks ,
the technical track "The Semantic Web and Applications (SWA)"
aims to tackle research problems and practical applications for the Semantic Web.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit original work on the theoretical, technical and practical issues of Semantic Web and its Applications.
The approaches to realize and/or utilize the Semantic Web vision include
research focus concerning issues
such as: 1) learning/constructing ontologies for Semantic Web applications; 2) utilizing ontologies for data management, integration and interoperability in Semantic web applications; 3) architectures for achieving Semantic Web goals for specific application domains; 4) improving search techniques (or engines) with Semantic Web technologies; and 5) Semntic Web for Big data, data analytics, Machine Learning and AI.
We are particularly interested in applying Semantic Web technologies
to specific application domains (e.g., business, government, health, finance, transportation, environment, urban cities,
social network, medical informatics and bioinformatics, energy, defense, other
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Semantic Big Data
- AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning with Semantic Technologies
- Semantic interoperability
- Ontology-enabled interoperability among e-sources
- Emergent semantics
- Ontology, Taxonomy, and Folksonomy
- Schema mapping/matching and integration
- Learning structures from the Web for Semantic Web-enabled applications
- Ontology generation/learning
- Building/utilizing ontologies and knowledge bases
- Semantics and ontologies in data integration
- Ontology-enabled search (engines)
- Semantic Web-enabled search (engines)
- Semantic web-enabled question answering system
- Ontology-enabled information retrieval
- Semantic Web-enabled information retrieval
- Semantic Web-enabled Information extraction
- Full-text search in XML and/or Semantic Web documents
- Data management and integration for Semantic Web-enabled applications
- Semantic annotation
- Semantic Web personalization
- Semantic Web-enabled user modelling
- Semantic Web services
- Querying the Semantic Web
- Semantic Web mining
- Question Answering over the Semantic Web
- Text mining for Semantic Web-enabled application
- Natural language processing for Semantic Web-enabled application
- Semantic Social Network
- Semantic Social Informatics
- Recommendations via Semantic Technologies
- Semantic Technologies
- Semantic Knowledge Discovery
- Visual Analytics with Semantics
- Data Analytics with Semantics
- Semantic aspects in Privacy and Security of Semantic Web Applications
- Semantic aspects in Social Network
- Semantic aspects in Geographic Information System
- Geospatial semantics and the Semantic Web
- Applying Semantic Web technologies to learning, business, government, health, social network, geographic information system, medical informatics,
bioinformatics, legal domains, cities, and environment, etc.
Research Paper Submission site
SRC Submission site
Authors are invited to submit original papers via
Research Paper SUBMISSION page
as a PDF file.
The following submission categories are considered:
- Original and unpublished research work
- Reports of innovative computing applications in sciences,
engineering, and business areas
- Reports of successful technology transfer to new problem
- Reports of industrial experience and demos of new innovative
Since the track papers will be published by ACM proceedings,
authors must submit manuscripts using the ACM format.
See ACM SAC author kit
for template files and details.
- Regular papers are limited to 8 pages, in camera-ready format, included in the registration fee. Authors have the option to include up to two (2) extra pages at additional fee of US$80 per page.
- Posters are limited to 3 pages, in camera-ready format, included in the registration fee. Authors have the option to include only one (1) extra page at additional fee of US$80. (No change from previous years)
- SRC Abstracts are limited to 2 pages, in camera-ready format, included in the registration fee. No extra pages allowed. (No change from previous years)
The author(s) name(s) and address(es) must NOT appear in the body of the paper,
and self-reference should be in the third person.
This is to facilitate blind review.
Only the title should be shown on the top of the first page without the author's information.
RULES AND POLICIES
- A paper cannot be submitted to more than one track.
- All paper submissions MUST BE "Original, unpublished work."
Paper registration is required, allowing the inclusion of the paper/poster in the conference proceedings.
An author or a proxy attending SAC MUST present the paper.
This is a requirement for the paper/poster to be included in the ACM/IEEE digital library.
No-show of scheduled papers and posters will result in excluding them from the ACM/IEEE digital library.
- Top quality papers accepted to the track can be invited to extend
for a journal publication. A list of potential journal venues can be found at
STUDENT RESEARCH COMPETITION
As before, SAC 2020 organises a Student Research Competition (SRC) Program to provide graduate students
the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with researchers and practitioners in their areas of interest.
Submission to the SRC program should be in electronic form via
The Student Research Abstract SUBMISSION page in
the conference web site as a PDF file.
|Sep |15 29 , 2019: | Submission of regular papers, posters, and SRC research abstracts
|November |10 24 , 2019: | Notification Paper acceptance/rejection and SRC Acceptance
Nov 25 Dec 9, 2019: |Camera-ready copies of accepted papers/posters/SRC
|December 10, 2019: || Author registration due date
|December 20, 2019: ||Submission of STAP (Student Travel Award
|Jan 20, 2020: ||Notification of STAP Awardee
|Tue Mar 31, 2020: || SRC Posters Exhibit
|Wed Apr 1, 2020: ||Non-SRC Posters Program
|Thur Apr 2, 2020: ||SRC Oral Presentations
Hyoil Han, Illinois State University, USA
Soon Ae Chun, City University of New York, USA
Sangsoo Sung, Google Inc., USA
Idir Amine Amarouche, USTHB/Bab Ezzouar, Algeria
Sofia Athenikos, Twitter, USA
Monalessa Perini Barcellos, Federal University of Espírito Santo (UFES), Brazil
Ioan Marius Bilasco, Université Lille 1, France
Andrea Cimmino, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
Vadim Ermolayev, Zaporozhye National University, Ukraine
Heito Barros, Federal University of Alagoas, Brazil
Carlos Bobed Lisbona, everis/NTT Data and University of Zaragoza, Spain
Loris Bozzato, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Julio Cesar dos Reis, University of Campinas, Brazil
Mirko Cesarini, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
Claudia d'Amato, University of Bari, Italy
Mauro Dragoni, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
Samhaa El-Beltagy, Cairo University, Egypt
Nicola Fanizzi, University of Bari, Italy
Bouarab-Dahmani Farida, Mouloud Mammeri University of Tizi Ouzou, Algeria
Said Fathalla, University of Bonn, Germany
Flavius Frasincar, Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands
James Geller, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
Sven Groppe, IFIS University of Lubeck, Germany
Marcelo de Paiva Guimarães, Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil
Lavdim Halilaj, Robert Bosch GmbH
Ramon Hermoso, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Xiang Ji, Facebook, USA
Petr Kremen, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
SangKeun Lee, Korea University, Korea
Valeria Magalhães Pequeno, Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa, TechLab, Portugal
Miguel A. Martínez-Prieto, University of Valladolid, Spain
Bruno Martins, Instituto Superior Técnico, INESC-ID, Portugal
Jun Miyazaki, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Fabio Mercorio, University of Milan - Bicocca
Tarmo Robal, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Sana Sellami, Aix-Marseille University, France
Dongwan Shin, New Mexico Tech
Marlos Silva, Instituto Federal de Alagoas
Andrea Tettamanzi, Nice Sophia Antipolis University, France
For further information on this track, please contact the SWA program chairs: